HRM Council is currently working through the budget for 2022/23. This budget will be developed through the end of March 2022, and is planned to be ratified by HRM Council in April 2021.
I plan to document this process as we go through it, including some of the more challenging decisions that we make.
You can also find much of this information here.
Budget Meeting Schedule
You can find the full schedule of our meetings here. This schedule was also originally determined from our Committee Of The Whole meeting here. The agenda and supporting information, for each meeting, is put on the web site a few days in advance of the meeting, usually on the Friday before the meeting. Any meetings that don’t have the agenda posted will redirect back to the schedule page.
- Oct 26 (Tue) – Launch, and approval of the Business Planning and Budget Schedule – Agenda, Report, and Video
- Nov 23 (Tue) – Fiscal Framework
- Dec 7 (Tue) – 2022/23 Council Priorities
- Dec 14 (Tue) – Capital Budget Recommendation
- Dec 17 (Fri) – Capital Budget Recommendation (contingency)
- Feb 2 (Wed) – Finance & Asset Management; Assessment Update; CAO; Auditor General operating budgets
- Feb 4 (Fri) – Legal & Legislative Services; Corporate & Customer Services; People, Communications & IT operating budgets
- Feb 9 (Wed) – Transportation & Public Works operating budget
- Feb 11 (Fri) – Transportation & Public Works operating budget (contingency)
- Feb 16 (Wed) – Halifax Transit; Parks & Recreation operating budget
- Feb 18 (Fri) – Planning & Development operating budget
- Feb 23 (Wed) – HRP & RCMP budget
- Feb 25 (Fri) – HRP & RCMP budget (contingency)
- Mar 2 (Wed) – Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency; Halifax Public Libraries; Fiscal Services budget
- Mar 4 (Fri) – Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency; Halifax Public Libraries; Fiscal Services budget (contingency)
- Mar 23 (Wed) – Budget Adjustment List
- Mar 25 (Fri) – Budget Adjustment List (contingency)
- Apr 12 (Tue) – 2022/23 Budget and Business Plan Approval
- Apr 26 (Tue) – 2022/23 Budget and Business Plan Approval (contingency)
Our budget process allows for public participation at most of our meetings. If you would like to present to the Budget Committee at the meeting then you should register with the Clerk’s office by 4:30pm on the day prior to the meeting. You can contact the clerks office by e-mailing email@example.com or by phoning them at 902-490-4210 (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30pm).
2021/22 Budget and Actuals
More information will be filled in as it is available.