HRM Council is currently working through the budget for 2023/24. This budget will be developed through the end of March 2023, and is planned to be ratified by HRM Council in April 2023.
I plan to document this process as we go through it, including some of the more challenging decisions that we make.
You can also find much of this information here.
Budget Meeting Schedule
You can find the full schedule of our meetings here. This schedule was also originally determined from our Committee Of The Whole meeting here but was amended. The agenda and supporting information, for each meeting, is put on the web site a few days in advance of the meeting, usually on the Friday before the meeting. Any meetings that don’t have the agenda posted will redirect back to the schedule page.
- Oct 26 (Tue) – Launch, and approval of the Business Planning and Budget Schedule – Agenda, Report, and Video
- Nov 25 (Fri) – Agenda, Fiscal Framework Report, Presentation, Video, and Minutes
- Jan 18 (Wed) and Jan 20 (Fri) – Agenda, Capital Plan Report, Draft Capital Plan, Capital Plan Presentation, Jan 18 Video, Jan 20 Video
- Jan 25 (Wed) – Agenda, Budget Direction, Presentation, and Video
- Jan 27 (Fri) – Agenda, CAO budget, Finance budget, Legal budget, and Video
- Feb 3 (Fri) – Agenda, HRM and RCMP budget, and Video
- Feb 8 (Wed) – Agenda, IT budget, HR budget, Property, Fleet, and Environment budget, and Video
- Feb 10 (Fri) – Agenda, Library budget, and Video
- Feb 14 (Tue) – Agenda, Public Works budget, and Video
- Feb 17 (Fri) – Agenda, AG budget, Planning budget, Parks & Recreation budget, and Video
- Mar 1 (Wed) – Agenda, Transit budget, Halifax Fire budget, and Video
- Mar 3 (Fri) – Agenda, Fiscal budget, and Video
- Mar 29 (Wed) – Agenda, Budget Adjustment List, and Video
- Apr 25 (Tue) – Council Agenda, 2023/24 Budget and Business Plan, and Video
Our budget process allows for public participation at most of our meetings. If you would like to present to the Budget Committee at the meeting then you should register with the Clerk’s office by 4:30pm on the day prior to the meeting. You can contact the clerks office by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning them at 902-490-4210 (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30pm).